Binary Domain is by far my favorite game on the list thus far. I was pleasantly surprised by many facets of the game. The story, for example, was very innovative and I felt immersed throughout. The voice acting was tremendous and the character detail was excellent. The gameplay was pretty darn good, with a cover system and mechanics system that were reminiscent of Gears of War. The weapon choices weren't necessarily outstanding, as I pretty much just rocked the machine gun the entire time. Binary Domain did implement a unique upgrade system which reminded me of Tetris a bit, which I thought was pretty darn cool. I also really liked the idea of communicating with your squad members via headset, although I decided to stick with the simple multiple choice options via the controller.
The squad member AI was pretty fun, as I felt they were intelligent enough to actually assist me and they (generally) listened to my commands. It was, however, frustrating whenever my orders were not sitting well with said squad members, as they would not do what I felt was necessary in order to overcome an obstacle in the game. The enemies in the game were relatively easy, other than bosses, and I felt that all the general enemies were the same as far as difficulty goes. With that being said, the bosses were all unique and each had their own weaknesses to exploit, although sometimes they were very easily exploited.
Overall, this was a great game with a great story, great voice acting, good graphics and fun gameplay. Like I said before, it's my favorite thus far.
Rating - 9 out of 10
- Will
No comments:
Post a Comment