Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Dimm's Dose - Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel



Seeing as this was game one on the list of 50 games, there wasn't really much to compare it to. However, I did play the previous two games in the series and I felt as if this was the worst game in the series. With that being said, I still felt like it was a pretty entertaining game, but there was a lot to be desired. The original Army of Two game was fun, especially with it's implementation of what they referred to as back-to-back (when you and your friend or AI would go back-to-back and shoot everything in sight). This was basically an invincibility mode as your character would simply destroy everything in sight with an unlimited amount of ammo. In The Devil's Cartel, this mode was substituted with what is called Overkill. Overkill is similar to back-to-back in the sense that you destroy everything and have unlimited ammo. However, I miss the option of going back-to-back, as I felt that was the staple of the original game.

The story in The Devil's Cartel was engaging, but I felt myself only caring about one thing about halfway through the game (and I won't spoil it). Another issue I had with the game were the bosses, or lack thereof. In Army of Two: The 40th Day (the second game in the trilogy), there were a series of mini-bosses that were heads and tails more difficult than an average enemy. I felt like there was a shortage of tough enemies in The Devil's Cartel and there were really no bosses to speak of, other than the final boss. I will admit, however, that the final fight was pretty rough and made the ending pretty darn good. Overall, the game was pretty decent, but it could have been a whole lot better. The best part of the game, of course, was the weapon customization. Army of Two fans will know what I'm talking about.

Rating: 7 out of 10

- Will

No comments:

Post a Comment